HC Bridge Company & AC Whalan Composites through a licensing agreement, have the capabilities, IP & know how when it comes to delivering tried & proven Hybrid Composite Bridge Beams. If you or your company are interested in lowering your total bridge installation costs you need to discuss your HCB options with our team today.
- Bridges spans up to 120 feet and more either as individual beams or as a component of a prefabricated bridge elements and systems (PBES), ideal for Accelerated Bridge Construction (ABC)
- Marine Structures (Caps, crane beams and decks for Piers, Wharves, etc)
- Roofs and decks, especially in corrosive environments or “green” roofs
Why HCBs Create Better Structures
- Sustainable: No rusting, cracking, spalling or alkali-silica reactions (ASR) provides a 100+ year service life and never needs painting
- Lightweight: Shipping and erecting weight is approximately 10 percent of a concrete beam and 33 percent of a steel beam. This allows greater flexibility for installing the beams.
- Congestion Relief: Lighter, modular bridge system allows for “Accelerated Bridge Construction” and reduced traffic congestion during construction.
- Safer: Internal redundancy and serviceability design result in capacities that greatly exceed code requirements.
- Reduced mass and resilient, energy absorbing materials offer excellent resistance and elastic response to seismic forces. Reduced Carbon Footprint: Hybrid-composite beams use 80 percent less cement – one of the largest contributors to the carbon footprint. The beams also require 75 to 80 percent fewer trucks for shipping and smaller cranes for erection for reduced carbon emissions.